Sunday, August 22, 2010

On Bad Races and the Morning After

I have not been running well the last couple of weeks. Between the skipped workouts, the heat and the frequent nighttime feedings, my running has suffered. My race did not go well. It was Saturday evening, I had worked Friday night and had slept off and on Saturday. I had a meal about 3 hours before the race. My stomach was a little upset at the start and my legs felt like lead. Not good when the race is only 3k and you need some speed. The course was hilly. I thought I'd start out slow and pick it up the second half but the pick up didn't happen. Finishing time 17:02.
They also had a free 1/2 mile kids race so I "ran" that with my 3 year old. She had fun but was tired from walking to the race, playing at the playground and the kids race didn't even start until 7:15. She is usually heading to bed around that time. I had to carry her for a little bit. She pulled up her socks to "wear them like mommy" since I have been wearing compression socks.
Then, Sunday was weigh in day. I had lost 2 pounds. Not sure how that happened after only losing a half pound the last several weeks but it was a nice surprise. So, we'll se how this week goes, not sure how or when I'll fit in my workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment