Saturday, October 23, 2010

A flood

This was a crazy week. It started Sunday morning with the radiators. They malfunctioned and started leaking water, everywhere. Of course, it was the middle of the night so it didn't wake us up until it was raining in the house. Fast forward, call the flood team. We have damage to every room except two. Thankfully, the girls room was one of the dry rooms. We then spent the week with my parents while things dried out. So, thanks to them for taking us in for the week.
We are back home but we still have repair work that will need to be done when the insurance is all sorted out. There was damage to ceilings,walls,floors but not to any personal effects. We still have cleaning to do, everything got shoved to the dry side of the dining room.
The ceiling in the living room.
I guess I don't need to mention how little running I did this week. I did do my long run Sunday. Then I ran one day. I still managed to work three days this week. I was on my way to meet some friends to run thursday when I ended up having to meet some workers back at the house. By time they were finished, it was time to pick up at preschool.
I am hoping for a better week both eating and running. These things happen so I'm not going to beat myself up for missing my workouts. I also ate like crap but I was anxious all week.
On the bright side, I had clean and organize house on my list of things to do so I am cleaning and organizing as I put things back in place.
Here's to a good long run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment