Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Rewind

Quick recap of my year.
I started out the year preggo with baby #2. Quick birth story: I went to my doctor appointment in the morning, found out I was dilated to 4. Yet, I still went to work that night. I wasn't sure when I would go into labor and I wanted to have my full 12 weeks at home with the baby. Of course, my water broke while I was at work that night~ 4 am. So a few hours later, we welcomed sweet pea.




I didn't get cleared to run until 6 weeks post-partum. I had run until I was about 32 weeks so I started run/walking. I did my first 5k race in May, exactly 11 weeks after giving birth. I even ran the whole thing.  5k photo  It is a cute photo, but copyrighted so thus the link.

I did  a 3k in August and my 3 year old ran a kids race.

 I did a 10k in September, in under an hour, so I was thrilled with that.  I followed that up with my slowest half marathon in October.  not so thrilled with that.

So that is a brief look at my running year.  It has been a busy year with the baby, preschooler, work, etc. Running has taken the role more of stress relief than setting PRs and lots of mileage.  So I have hopes that in 2011 I will give my running a little more priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment