Sunday, September 19, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I had my long run all planned out. The streets were going to be closed for 6.5 miles starting about a mile from the house. It is an initiative to get people out on their bikes, walk,run. The Y is one of the sponsors and at certain spots there would be yoga, zumba and fun things for the kids to do. I figured I could push the kids over in the double and my hubby could hang with them while I ran out and back. There would be places for water and people watching to keep me entertained along the way. Perfect, right?

Then it decided to thunderstorm all morning. No running in lightening for me. I finally decided to head out after it looked like the lightening had stopped. I didn't get started until after 10. It poured, I was soaking and miserable. Then it slowed down. My knee was left knee was a little cranky. It gets that way if I change my gait due to things like weather. I stopped to wring out my skirt. I think it weighed 5 pounds. I decided to stop back by the house for a change of clothes. AND, I still haven't headed back out. When I stopped in I realized I was really hungry and couldn't talk myself into going back out. So, my 9 miler turned into about half that distance.

Of course, now the sun is starting to peek out and I'm sure it's humid and nasty. Just not feeling it though, so I may finish up later, I may have to make one of my midweek runs a long one, I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll feel inspired later. But for now I'm home feeding the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment