Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  Saw a joggler during my run yesterday.  What is a joggler you ask?  A juggler who runs of course.  Google it. Apparently,  there is more than one person who does this.      I found out that he will be running the same half marathon I'm doing.  He is raising money for charity.  He goes by Juggling Jeff.   He was running at a good clip while juggling three bowling pins.  No, I didn't get a picture either.  But I'll be on the lookout for him on October 3rd.

2.  I am super sore from sculpt class and my 5 mile run yesterday.  I ran this morning at a different park.  Going into it I thought the loop was 1.2 miles.  It was taking forever to get around the park.  I looked at my watch. Crap. Am I really running 15 minute miles?  It was hot, had a few rolling hills and I was pushing the stroller,  but really?  I ran 3 loops in a little under an hour.  Doing math I was hoping that I had the distance wrong.  I checked when I got home- it was actually a 1.65 mile loop.  Awesome.  about  5 miles in about an hour is much better.  

3. Already looking at marathon plans I've used in the past and thinking about what I liked, disliked, how well my training worked race day, etc. What training plans do you like?  Do you follow Higdon, Galloway, Fitzgerald, Daniels methods?



No comments:

Post a Comment