Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow and Ice

Winter has settled in early here. We got snow this past weekend. Not very much, just enough to make getting around difficult. I went out for a run Sunday and saw two accidents in the three blocks it takes for me to run to the park. I tried to run at the park but the path was snow and ice covered and there were strong wind gusts. I cut it short and hoped for better weather. Ha! Wind chill advisory on Monday and Tuesday followed by a nice glaze of ice over everything Wednesday and school was cancelled for Thursday.

I have been sneaking in DVD workouts but haven't made it up to the y to use a treadmill. It is supposed to finally get above freezing here this weekend so I already have a run planed with my sister for Sunday. Who knew how much a pair of yak-tracks would come in handy this early? Maybe I should hope Santa leaves me a pair if this weather continues. Or a treadmill...

Anyway, that is my brief weekly update. It is cold and icy so the kids and I are enjoying some indoor fun.  I am off to work tonight, I skipped the dvd workout tonight in lieu of drinking coffee getting this post done.  I already got a call from work that census is high so I figured I would sit on my butt while I
can.  I have 8 hours of tugging on patients being on my feet ahead of me.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment