Sunday, December 19, 2010

Do Not Try This at Home

I got out today for a run with my sister.  She is running a 10 mile race next weekend, just as a training run  but she was hoping to get in 8 miles today.  I haven't run all week but I figured I could eek out 6 or so and then I could run/walk the last part.  I think I've mentioned before we live near each other and just run 1.5 miles each to meet for our run, do the middle miles together, and then run home.

Really didn't feel too bad for the first 6 miles.  My sister only moved this fall so we don't have any set loops yet.  She wears her Garmin and we set forth.  So we ran one loop of a nearby park then added on little bit more, then a little more.  We weren't quite thinking when we decided to add on a liitle more because we still had to run back.  My quad started to be a little angry with me so I decided to take a little walk break, that is when she looked at the Garmin and it had 6.3 or  so on it. We weren't anywhere near the end.   By time we got back to start, she had 8 miles on her Garmin and I still had a 1.5 miles to get home. So I  sucked it up and ran/walked the remainder.  I had a couple dollars with me so I bought some gatorade at the market on the way home. Not the smartest run.

Feeling a bit stiff and sore now so I am trying to recover.  Will be using this

and stretching, use heat,ice, ibuprofen. whatever it takes.  Hopefully I will feel better in the morning so I can get in a few runs this week.

So, has anyone else gotten lost,  gone out too far before you realized it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    I saw you recently won a giveaway and thought I'd come and say congrats! :)

    I always make sure to map my runs before I head out. It would be pretty sweet to so close to my sister that we can go for runs together (if she ran)!

    ReplyDelete