Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shopping and another run done

First a little shopping note. I found a present for my daughter's birthday on Skirt Sports. This skirt is a 2-4T. How awesome is that? What's even better? It was only $5. That's right. I even had a free shipping code because I purchased two skirts for my sister as Christmas gifts. So no tax, no shipping, seriously just $5, originally $32. I didn't even go crazy buy her one in every color. Although, it did cross my mind


Onto the long run. I hadn't sleep well last night, even though the baby slept all night. The baby wasn't awake for a feeding before I left and I didn't take the time to pump. My sister/training partner overslept yesterday and did not make it to her race. Luckily, it is a five race series so she isn't out that much . The great news for me, she was available to run with me this morning. So we met the training team over at the park. The only park where they actually clear the path! It was cold and snowing. It was a slow start. The first loop I felt kind of blah. We stopped back at the field house for some water and Gu. Then out for the last 4 miles. My sister said as we started, "only six miles in and my legs are finally starting to warm up." I have to admit, had I not had her with me I probably would have considered bagging it after the first loop. I felt much better after the water and gu. The last mile or so the snow really stated to come down. We were freezing by the
end. According to her Garmin, we ended up with a 10:26 pace average for 10 miles. Not too shabby for a cold, snowy morning.
Of course, the baby was down for a nap when I got home so I ended up pumping then. I really wasn't uncomfortable running since I wear two bras but I was miserable by time I got home. Had this been baby number one I wouldn't even have attempted running without feeding first but I figured I'd give it a shot. It wasn't too awful but I will have to plan better for any longer runs.



5 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    That is TOO cute..that running skirt! wow! going over there now...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome skirt. My daughter would love that. Catch me up on the ages of your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...thank you so much Kris! the advice you just sent is the best yet. Thank you! I was just sitting here wondering if I should do my speed work today and instead i will do a light recovery run. You are wonderful! I so appreciate it. Hope you don't mind me including that as part of my next blog. ? Hope you're have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, sorry I didn't get computer time earlier today. Teething, cranky baby and errands=fun times.. You are welcome to use it on your blog.
    Oh and my kiddos are almost 1(feb) and almost 4(march)

    ReplyDelete