Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday

 Yesterday was the training team midweek speed workout. These guys are so awesome. They went over in the afternoon and salted any spots that weren't already cleared. They then put up mile markers. They even stood in the cold yelling out splits. There were at least 50-60 people there so we had lots of company for our tempo run. My sister and I were attempting to do 4 miles at 9:30. We hit fairly close, there was actually quite a few people trying to hit that mark so we just fell in line with them. I felt quite good the whole time, much better than last week's tempo on the treadmill. Didn't feel too hard, felt like I could continue running when we stopped. Of course, I had to get home to get those kids in bed:) My sister had a rough patch around the 3 mile mark. She hadn't eaten since lunch so I know she needs a late afternoon snack when we don't run until 6. Our splits ended up being
Mile 1. 9:59
Mile 2. 9:22
Mile 3. 9:35
Mile 4. 9:15

One stupid thing I did was after the warm up. I tossed my jacket in the car and since I had no pockets, I put my phone in my sports bra. Yeah, well it doesn't work today. Oops, I took it apart, hopefully it will dry out and work again.

Then today, we met and did a recovery run. I had the single stroller and the baby in layers with several blankets.  On deck for tonight, some stretching or yoga.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be up in the 40s,  so I am going to get out and get a few more miles while it is warm.

1 comment: