Thursday, February 10, 2011

The answer to yesterday's photos

So to answer yesterday's post. The ice covering everything meant we ran on the roads at the park. The roads are really cambered and my knee starting bothering me during the run. Called it at 7.6 miles (planned 8). Stretched the i.t. really well and felt good after that. Tuesday my hip started to hurt but I figured it was from working and a good night sleep would make me feel better.

Wrong.

My hip was really painful Wednesday. So I purchased a foam roller. Been using that, icing, and did an easy spin on the bike trainer last night. Btw, check out runners world website for video clips of how to use the foam roller.

It was too cold and icy to take the baby in the stroller today. Not sure what happened to the rest of the day, but here I am feeding the baby, hoping she will go to sleep soon, and no workout done yet. My hip is still sore but not painful like it was yesterday. Progress. It is finally supposed to get above freezing this weekend so I am hoping to get back out there this weekend. Might try the treadmill tomorrow. A little nervous about overdoing it, running too soon. Thought I'd give it a few days. It is definitely the i.t. band. I have had issues before so now I just need to keep it from getting cranky on me again.

My plan is to ease back into it. Continue the foam roller, stretching. I am going to have to make sure I do some dynamic stretching before I run and static stretching afterwards.

Any other advice for the cranky i.t. band? Should I be totally pain free before I start running? I still have like 9 weeks until the half marathon so I think I have plenty of time, I hope.





1 comment:

  1. I think you have plenty of time too. Totally pain free? I would say yes if you have 9 weeks to work with, it's a little early in the season to push limits. Enjoy the torture tool a.k.a foam roller.

    ReplyDelete