Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice, Sleet, Snow

For those of you not in the Midwest, we got first a layer of ice. After that rolled through we got a couple inches of sleet. Yep, the place was covered with these little white pellets, imagine puffed rice. On top of that a few inches of snow. I am thankful that we didn't get the blizzard they were predicting. Everything was closed Monday and Tuesday. My gym closed early on Monday and is not reopening until afternoon today. The bright side is my hubby had Tuesday off and a late start today. My preschooler had a fever yesterday and spent the day on the couch, napping occasionally. Good timing on her part because school was cancelled and we couldn't go anywhere. She is all better today, minus a little cough.

So where does that leave my running, a big zero for Monday and Tuesday. I just got an email that we will have a run with the training group tonight but it will be an easy run, no 800s. I am debating whether I will do that or head to the probably very crowded gym for a treadmill and do the 800 workout on that. I'll see how I feel later. Lucky for me that after several building weeks, this is a planned drop back week.

Anyone else stuck inside for a few days? What have you been doing to get through?

We've been watching too much t.v., staying in our pjs, eating, drinking warm beverages. Did I mention eating?

Hoping my running tights fit tonight...



1 comment:

  1. I have a big fat zero for Monday and Tuesday too. Hope you enjoy your run tonight, whichever one you choose.

    ReplyDelete