Friday, March 25, 2011

Rewind: This Week's Training

Wow,  has it really been over a week since I posted?  I am sure everyone is waiting to see what I have bee up to, HA!  Anyway, on with the rewind:
Sunday Long run at planned half marathon pace.  I did a one mile warmup.  Then I ran the first few with my sis and her injured knee.  After she turned around I began the hunt for the porta-potty.  Found one, it was occupied.  I waited a couple of minutes, still in there, so I took off in search of the next one.  Finally found one.  It was just one of those days.  All in all, I wasn't terribly disappointed.  I ended up running these miles by myself after my sister turned around.  Here's the splits:
9:47
10:04
10:06
9:32
9:36
9:46 the turn around was into the wind
9:55
10:04
10:05
9:30
total 1:38.32
  I did discover that my favorite capris kept sliding down, they are old so I may need a new pair.  I don't think I'll be wearing them race day.  Oh and it was warm on Sunday.
Monday- easy 2 mile recovery run.  Played with kids outside most of the day, went for a short walk with the stroller.  It was nearly 80 degrees.
Tuesday Work/Rest day but playing outside with the kids counts right?
Wednesday Sculpt class, followed by work.  I had my running stuff with me but I didn't get out in time to make it to the workout.  And I hadn't fed the baby since the morning, I was getting rather uncomfortable.  So no run.
Thursday High in the 30s, yep 70s all week, then wham, 30s. I was not looking forward to making up my speed work by myself.  I finally dragged myself over to the park, it was almost 6 pm.  The planned workout 2 x 4 miles at HMP.  I talked myself into doing one.  I was going to at least bring my ipod for company, but I forgot it.  Grrr.  So after my warmup, I was off.
9:46
9:41
9:42
9:45
Then it was supposed to be a 5 minute break, I shed a layer, had some gatorade, walked back to the start.  3:30.  I decided I didn't want to jog around for 90 seconds so when my watch hit 4, I took off again.  I decided to run on the single grassy path to see how it was.
10:13 umm, back to the paved path
9:48
9:51
9:31 all out, And had I not had to go around some walkers at the end, I think I would have made it 1 second faster.
Total of 8 miles at pace.  Yay! Who needs an ipod.
Friday I will probably just do a dvd this afternoon.  It is currently snowing/sleeting.  Crazy flippin' weather.  I was ready to put away our winter stuff, I had started to get out the spring stuff.  The highs in the 30s-40s for the next week.  I am not organized enough to wear shorts one day and have gloves and hats the next:)  Oh well,  I guess I will deal with it.

So that is my week in a nutshell.  16 days until the half.  Oh and if you can send some positive vibes to my sister and her knee,  she would like to run.  She is taking the week off then she will see.  We are hoping she can at least run, even if it is slower than she hoped.  Our marathon isn't until fall so she has plenty of time to heal, get back on track before then.

Have a good weekend!  Good luck to all those racing this weekend!  I know there are quite a few doing the National Marathon, can't wait to read about all the PRs!

No comments:

Post a Comment