Sunday, March 13, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day Parade 2011

Running
On Thursday I met my sis for a couple of easy recovery miles.  Her knee started bothering her again about a mile in so it was mostly a recovery walk.  Which was fine, I felt good after and we ran/walked three miles total.   In the evening I did some cardio, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, etc for 15 minutes.  
Friday, I was feeling good.  The weather was nice.  I did a quick 4 miles in less than 40 minutes so I was happy.  Felt really good. 

Saturday-rest day/parade
The girls had a ride
My daughter and nephew 
Yep, we were potatoes.
Waiting to start
At the end, time for a snack

We were in the parade downtown yesterday so I thought I'd share a few photos.   I wasn't able to do the run in the morning since I worked Friday night.  I took a short 2 hour nap and was up for the rest of the day.  We had tons of fun being in the parade, giving out beads.  I think pulling a wagon counts as a workout, right? Then we headed over to the after party, had lots of good food and beverages, mmm Guinness. Unfortunately, the baby had other plans for Saturday night.  She woke up congested and had a fever.  So I was up most of the night.  On the bright side, she is feeling better today.  Of course after so little sleep for two nights, I woke up with a chest cold.  I am of the above the neck symptoms, run.  Below the neck,  i.e. chest cold, rest.  So I got some sleep this morning.  Still coughing up crap so I will see if I don't feel better later.  I would rather miss one run than a week.  So in the meantime, I will be downing tea with honey and loads of vitamin C!  

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  Did you celebrate St Pat's? Anyone have plans to celebrate this week? 

1 comment:

  1. You guys look like studs in the spud outfits! I'm getting together with my best friend for dinner Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete