Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Girl

My oldest turned four today. I can't believe it has already been four years.  Unfortunately, she also started feeling sick this afternoon. So she spent the afternoon/evening lying on the couch watching Dora and Toy Story.  Poor thing.  Hopefully, she doesn't spread it to all of us but I have been feeling blah all day.  Until my run that is.

Met the team for mile repeats at planned half marathon pace.  So we would run 1 mile, then jog back to the start.  The loop is actually 1.2 miles, so not quite 400 jog between.  These actually felt really good, pace felt comfortable.  I was aiming for a 9:30 pace.  We were supposed to do 3-6 repeats, I ended up doing four.  My sis was not feeling it tonight and I was anxious to get back home to the sick birthday girl.  I had some serious mommy guilt for leaving the house at all, much less to run.  My miles were
9:20
9:30
9:28
9:33
birthday

my big girl
Looking around the blogs I see quite a few with sick kids or sick themselves.  Take care everyone.  Hope everyone is feeling better soon.  Spring is just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no guilt - I'm sure the running makes you a MUCH better Mom.

    looks like a great workout

    ReplyDelete