Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Blogging!

Yup, I know I have not been blogging. I have been busy with kids,work,life.  You know, the usual stuff.  I have been keeping the kids busy.  Now that the baby is 15 months, she has FINALLY been sleeping through most nights.  I am starting to feel like I am getting out of that "survival" mode and into actually enjoying the life again.  I was feeling so worn down and crappy with her getting up sometimes hourly at night.  Preschool has been out for two weeks already so I have been planning daily outings just to keep everyone from having meltdowns from nothing to do.  Nothing major just trips to Grandma's, the library, playground, etc. in between the baby's naps.  The girls have been playing together more so that has been helping.  I signed up all of us for the summer reading program at the library.  I am doing the adult one, I need to read 10 books by August 8th.  So I have a few books on my list I am trying read instead of my computer/t.v. time.  Any suggestions to add to the list? Doesn't need to be running related. In the fiction area I usually like quick reads like chic lit or mystery novel. Or something free on kindle:)
  
I have been running some, fairly low weekly mileage. I have run the last 5 days in a row,   I guess I am on a streak, ha. But none of it was over 4 miles.  Just trying to get out for 30 minutes or so a day, more for stress relief than actual training. Speaking of training,  I have plotted out my plan leading up to the October marathon, yikes.  I am at 21-22 weeks out, I think I am going with Hal Higdon's Novice II plan.  It seems reasonable, given my mileage.  The one thing I will do is make the 19 miler on the plan a 20 so I can get two twenty milers done in training.  I need that extra confidence going in.  Unless I find a plan that fits better in the next couple of weeks.  My sister has been rehabbing her knee and will be training with me.  She is up to 5-6 miles with no pain.  Yay!

I have been having difficulty acclimating to the heat.  I am guessing part of it is hormonal.  Whether it is the late 30s hormones or the breastfeeding hormones I don't know.  Yes,  I am still nursing that baby. I just purchased some Nuun  and I am going to try that and see if it helps, worth a shot anyway.   Here is a pic of me and the girls going for a ride.  The baby did not like the helmet so we did not ride for long.

Happy Running and Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment