Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I actually completed all three weekday runs as planned.  I did speedwork on Tuesday with Big River.  It was a ladder of 1200 at 5k pace (6:12), 1000 at 2 mile pace (5:04), 800 at 2 mile pace(4:04), 400 at 1 mile pace(1:47), and 200 all out.  I hit fairly close to the times I wanted.  I was a tad slow on the 1000 and 800 but I was really tired and did not sleep well that day.  Oh, and I put my running first this day because I skipped a bridal shower, yes it was on a Tuesday,   I made the decision that in order to successfully complete the marathon, I will need to make running a priority for the next 18 weeks.

2. Wednesday was an easy recovery run of 4 miles, I left the watch at home so I could just take my time. The weather is awesome here this week so I have even turned off the air and opened the windows.

3. Today I met with my running group.  I was pushing the double stroller with 60 pounds of kids and the weight of the stroller, I am struggling with that.  It is also pulling to the right so I have to push the handlebar  a little harder with my right arm to keep it straight.  I found the instruction manual and it has how to adjust it so it will track right.  I just have to do it when I am not about to run.  I always forget until I am on my way.  I took a few walk breaks up the hills but we still covered 5 miles in like 56-57 minutes.
 
On tap for this weekend an 8 miler.  Also looking forward to our neighborhood putting on a great party! It is Pridefest weekend so for all those getting out to their local parades and celebrations,

HAPPPY PRIDEFEST!  
  
Have a good weekend!  Good luck to all the racers,  especially all those running in Seattle Rock 'n' Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment