Monday, June 13, 2011

Wussed Out

Yep I wussed out on the trail run Sunday.  I am glad I did though.  My four year old kept kicking me, bothering me all night so I did not sleep well.  My awesome hubby got up with the kids at 7 and I went back to bed ALONE and slept for 3 hours.  How awesome is that?  My knee was a little achy when I had gotten up to meet my parents and sister so I figured some more stable ground was probably better for the knee.  I woke up and had some quality family time, playing outside with the kids and the neighbors.  It was a fun morning.
My mom called me on their way back.  It was a challenging hike.  They ended up doing 10 miles in less than four hours. (They are training to do Rim to Rim at the Grand Canyon in the fall)  I did get my 7 miles done in the afternoon.  The heat wave finally broke and we are having some cooler temps.  The knee felt better after I started running.  It is slowly feeling better, just achy.  I am still icing a few times a day.

I finished reading My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon By Bart Yasso.  It was REALLY good.
Any other suggestions for inspiring running books?  I am gearing myself up to start marathon training in 2 weeks!
Have a great week, I'm off to work so no editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment