Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week in review ramblings

This was a busy week for me.  I only had to work one day so I wanted to get some things done around the house.  I was cleaning out drawers, getting rid of furniture, making the spare bedroom into a playroom.

Tuesday I had speedwork.  The workout was 5x1000.  It went fairly well.  I did a 5:05, 5:03, 5:05, 5:08, 5:05.  I was fairly consistent.  The only bad thing was it was supposed to be short rest.  I jogged the 200 meters back to the start but would then have to wait for a couple minutes before the group started the next one.  Of course, I wouldn't have run as fast if I didn't have such a long rest period. I figure doing any speedwork is better than doing none and I certainly wouldn't be going to the track by myself :) I can't complain that I may have to wait a few minutes for the track to clear.  (There are 5 groups on the track at the same time).

I also went to an outside summer concert on Wednesday evening.  We met some of my family there and the kids had a good time running around while we got to relax and enjoy the uncharacteristically nice summer weather.  Of course to get there in time I didn't get to sneak in my run when the hubby got home like I planned.

I ran 3 miles pushing the double stroller on Thursday.  I went to a flat trail so it was much easier there.

On Friday, we had a rare evening out without the kids!  We went to see Eddie Vedder.  It was a great show,  definitely worth the ticket price.  Of course, when I got home at 11 pm, my 4 year old was still awake!    Didn't take long to get her to sleep.

Speaking of sleeping, she just left for a sleepover along with my nephew.  They are staying with my sister and her boyfriend at his family's lake house.  It is only about an hour away and we will be heading there tomorrow to get her but I am still a little anxious about her being away. I already miss her. The baby is taking a nap (and so is my hubby) so it is pretty quiet around here.  I know she will have a blast boating,swimming, fishing.

I ran my long run yesterday with my sister.  We did 9 miles on the marathon course.  We did an out and back so we didn't cover that much of the course.  It was hot, I looked when we got back, with the heat index it was in the low 90s.  And we started at 8 am!  I found my Nuun which worked out well.  I actually stuck a tablet in the pocket of my water bottle, so when I ran out, I just filled up along the route and put a second tablet in when I did.   I have gotten used to running with it now.  I drank about 50 ounces of water total during the run and still was down a half pound when I got home.  That is how much I was sweating it the heat and humidity.
Nathan Quickdraw Elite Handheld 22-Ounce Bottle Carrier with Pocket (Grey)

Going to sneak in a short little workout this afternoon.  Might just do some core stuff.  I have a race tomorrow.  It is race #3 of the 5 race series I signed up for.  It is a one mile race which I think makes me more anxious than a longer race.   I think it is the run as fast as you can without puking for about 8 minutes part that freaks me out.  My goal is to go under 8 minutes, like 7:59 would be fine.  There are close to a thousand people signed up for this race so I guess part of it will be determined by how crowded and how fast those in front of me are running.  If I get behind a walker there isn't enough road to make up lost time.

Happy Fourth of July!

Any big plans, races this weekend?
Do shorter races freak you out?
Do you weigh yourself before and after you run to determine your hydration needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment