Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday Recap

The baby woke up at 4:30 am on Sunday. And instead of thinking "ugh, there goes my run" I thought, "Good, I'll get an early start." Of coarse, we both ended up falling asleep on the couch a little after 6. Had a little breakfast (toast with peanut butter) and coffee when we woke. Forgot I am going to have to figure out nutrition before the half. So, by time I actually left it was 10 am.

Luckily, it was beautiful outside. I decided to leave some water on the porch and do two loops of 4 miles each. The first loop went well, finished in my normal time, about 41 mins. The second loop was a couple minutes slower so no negative split. Total time 1:24. I think that was 10:30 minute average.

I didn't wear my compression socks yesterday nor did I wear them after I got home. I am sore today. Mainly my calves. So, I guess they have been helping. I wear them to work and I can tell a huge difference in the morning when I get off work if I don't wear them. But, I wasn't sure about running for a few miles. Not much of an experiment but I'll be wearing them either during or after my long runs.

Plan for the week:
  • Tuesday- 5 miles ( off monday night)
  • Wednesday -3 miles
  • Thursday- 5 miles
  • Friday- probably rest day, working Thursday night
  • Sat- rest or easy
  • Sun- 10 k race

No comments:

Post a Comment