Monday, November 22, 2010

Challenge update


No, I didn't get my run in Saturday night.  By time I got dinner,baths, and bedtime for the girls, I was off to bed myself.  Good thing too because they were both up during the night.   

Anyway, I was feeling rather bleh about going for a run Sunday morning so I called my sister.  She too was feeling bleh but for I am in my 20's kinda reasons.  So we agreed to meet for an afternoon run.  We live just a few miles apart so we each run (1.75 miles to be precise)  and join up for a few miles then run back.  We had a good run and ended up getting in over 7 miles total.  

I have been adding in fruits and veggies the last several days.  I have been reaching my goal of 7 even if it means my evening snack is fruit or veggies.  I went for a post bedtime grocery store trip and filled my cart with fruits and veggies. I even had this as my afternoon snack today instead of sneaking cookies from the pantry when the kiddos weren't looking. I even shared with my three year old, she loves any food that lets her use fingers and dip.  So thanks to Amanda at Run to the Finish for having this challenge.  It has made me watch what I am eating rather than just shoving in whatever is easiest.  


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the challenge... I'm really struggling to get all these veggies and fruits in.

    And you no longer have just one... :)

    ReplyDelete