Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two Parties and One Long Run

I started the weekend off with a bang.  Got to go to my sister's for a Mardi Gras party.  My parents had the kids for a few hours so we could stop by.  I had a good time especially since I got to work the door.  The drunk 20somethings were afraid of this old lady answering the door.  Haha! I am such a brute!

Sunday-long run
My long run started a little later than usual.  We had a kid birthday party to attend, It was an early start and a  30 minute drive.  Which meant I would have to be up and running by seven.  Which seemed doable until the preschooler decided to toss and turn and keep me up, grr.  I got out of bed in a foul mood at 6.  The hubby was nice enough to take the kids downstairs so I went back to bed.  Yep, I slept for two glorious hours in the bed by myself.  Ahhh.
Off to the party, where I skipped the pizza and cupcakes.  Back home and finally out the door for my long run at 1pm.    At this point I should tell you I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast but nothing since because I didn't want to start my run any later.  I did have some Honey Stinger Energy Chews and Gatorade, the low calorie kind so that probably was of no use. 

I ran from the house with the plan of doing 11 miles.  I have a 5 mile loop that I did and then added on shorter distances that I knew.  There is a grassy, muddy area that is about 1/2 mile long so I did some mile repeats there.  Not for speed just because I knew the distance and could rack up a few extra mile.  So I did three miles there.  Towards the end I know another path is 1 1/2 miles so I did that twice. So I ended up with 11 miles in 1:51:44.  I thought that it would take me a little closer to 2 hours so hopefully I didn't short my self any distance.  It is nice to run without a Garmin stressing me out about
How fast/slow am I running?  Has it been another mile yet?
I know the approximate distances of quite a few of the paths around the house so it isn't totally neccessary.  But sometimes it is nice to see the distance spelled out and not have to do math while running.
I am so happy I sucked it up those last few miles, let me tell you I wanted to bail.  I just had to keep moving, I was talking to myself by the end.  I mean out loud, to myself.  "One more mile. almost there, one more mile."  Hopefully none of my neighbors walked by but I don't think I would have cared at that point.  I was so hungry by time I got home.  I had a huge peanut butter banana sandwich.

Belly is full now and kids are in bed.  I am looking forward to getting more miles in this week.  I ran 3 times total this past week, for a total of 19 miles.  Not great but I'l take it.  I also did my DVD twice and sculpt class once.  So 6 workouts done this week.  I am going to try and run 4 times this week and continue with my cardio/toning workouts.  5 weeks until the half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment